Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OC Callahan apparently was not aware that we were going to waive Shaq Calhoun
(09-29-2020, 12:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You don't think your OC should have input on which offensive players to keep?

I mean, even if you argue that it doesn't matter (it does), it's probably a good idea to keep him completely up to date, if only so he doesn't go out and embarrass both himself and your franchise when doing a press conference or interview like this one.

If you don't think this looks bad then I'm going to have to assume either bias or ignorance.  Sorry, but this is an embarrassment.

I don't think it is fair to assume he didn't know.

His answer to the question sounded like a typical answer from a coach about any player at a given position, especially if that position group is struggling.

He can't come out in the presser and say "We are cutting that guy." The backlash for doing that would be horrible around the league, as it is just a poor way to tell a guy he is getting cut.

He has to tap dance around the question and answer it in the typical generic way as to avoid letting out that the guy is getting cut today.

The failing I see, is the Bengals front office dropping a press release about a player move while a coach is being interviewed.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OC Callahan apparently was not aware that we were going to waive Shaq Calhoun - Murdock2420 - 09-29-2020, 12:58 PM