Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(09-24-2020, 05:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, a protest the devolves into violence, rioting, arson and looting is violent.  It doesn't matter if the preceding four hours were peaceful.  It definitely doesn't matter if you're a victim of any of the above.

Ohh, is there evidence of right wingers actually initiating the violence?  The Portland protest aside, in which a right leaning protestor was stalked and murdered, have there been instances of right leaning protestors initiating violence?  If so, what percentage of the cases?  I'll bet it's less than 7%.  To my knowledge there have been zero instances of right leaning protestors looting and burning down businesses. 

(09-24-2020, 07:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: With respect, this is utter BS.  Much of the damage?  Based on absolutely nothing you're going to ascribe "much of the damage" to alt right groups?  All your source has is speculation, entirely from Democratic politicians (including woman beater Ellison) and left wing activists stating that it's really the alt right causing the violence.  Was it an alt right guy who murdered the Trump supporter in Portland?  Was it an alt right guy who field goal kicked a man in the face after an "alt right" mob beat him near unconscious?  I can tell you I've seen not one whiff of any "alt right" people involved in the lawlessness here.

This reeks of trying to shift blame now that the majority of people are getting tired of this shit.  Your article is from months ago, do you really think if the media had any sliver of hard evidence that it's actually right wingers rioting, looting and burning things down they wouldn't be swarming the airwaves with it?  

(09-24-2020, 11:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I read a myriad of news sources every day; BBC, Guardian, Breitbart, Fox, CNN, Politico, The Hill, Huffington Post, LA Times, Wall Street Journal.  I don't restrict myself to a bubble by any means.  I've never seen any hard evidence that supports your assertion and my own anecdotal experiences don't support it at all.  Please post a link that does if one exists.

You've chose to ignore all the information contrary to you own "anecdotal experiences".

(09-29-2020, 12:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You did read this source, right?  It cites "lethal threats" and it also considers the entire nation.  It in no way mitigates the daily left wing violence in Portland and the more intermittent left wing violence in cities like Seattle.  This only stands to reason as the far left agitators are virtually non-existent outside large urban areas, whereas you'll possibly find white supremacists anywhere you find white people.  Also, as noted in your source, the number of people killed by white supremacists in "the worst year since the Oklahoma City bombing" is dwarfed by the number of shooting fatalities for any given week in Chicago.  Just to put some perspective to the numbers.

So all you are focused on is Portland and the fact that the rest of country sees the right as a greater threat will be glossed over by you because of that.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - GMDino - 09-29-2020, 01:10 PM