Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some Fun Homework on Monday Night
(09-29-2020, 01:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you have access, you might want to watch the All 22 on NFL.com GamePass. There's plenty of effort. If you don't have access, trust me, there's plenty of effort. 

Ok, a couple experts on the "Hear that podcast growling" podcast were talking about the SPEED of the routes run by guys like AJ Green.  There is now SCIENCE behind the "naked eye" assumptions.  Green, in 2018, was running routes at a clip that topped out just under 21 MPH, routinely.  Some were as low as the high 19s.  This year, he is running them at a top speed at 18.5 MPH, with many of his routes coming around 17MPH.  Ross still had the fastest this year with around 21 MPH, but even though he can get open, he can't seem to find the ball. 

That is a MASSIVE decline and if you have ever walked 2.5 MPH, you are leaving a stationary object behind fairly quickly.  That is the difference in his route speed.  Blame it on rust, age, whatever, but it explains a lot of those deep throws where he was overthrown.  

There were also two plays that Tate and Sample were able to LEGALLY rub the defender off Green and they chose to GET OUT OF THE WAY and allow him to stick on Green and make a play.  These are examples of just not understanding their role.  More time in the film room, or more time on the practice field making this play work.  

I am not saying there is no effort.  Gio, Lawson (of course, new contract due...more on that in another thread I am about to start), the secondary, guys like ADG, and Wilson....but the guys up front blocking for Burrow look like they spent their quarantine doing absolutely nothing physical and would rather play video game football.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Fun Homework on Monday Night - SHRacerX - 09-30-2020, 09:10 AM