Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(09-30-2020, 01:48 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think the thing is that it was a pretty weak answer for people who believe he is racist. If someone doesn’t think he is racist, then his answer seems fine. Sure, he said he would do it. However, if someone has the belief he is racist or they are on the fence about him being racist, it was a really weak answer that didn’t do anything to dispel that notion and has added fuel to that fire. I really think he missed an opportunity there to really kill that idea.

The average voter likely isn’t going to know that he has called racism evil and condemned groups like this before, and he had a softball of an opportunity to really nail it home before the election, on national TV. He just missed it, and he is needing help right now.

Agreed. And it's odd that Trump has not prepared a clear, unambiguous statement on white supremacy, ready to go for debates and interviews, isn't it? 

It's not like he just started campaigning and he was taken by surprise in his first interview.

"Sure, I’m will to do that. . . I’m willing to do anything. I want to see peace. I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing not from the right wing. . . . Stand back and stand by."

Trump supporters heard him "plainly" denounce white supremacy in there--once they correct for "misspeak." Again.

But suppose you are a person who hadn't thought one way or the other about Trump's racism--then you heard that answer, from someone who's been running for office for five years, and has flubbed the question before? The moderator and the opponent had to shape the response for him, suggesting which groups to denounce and what language to use. 

If you are that person fresh to the issue, can your impression really be that of a plain and sincere denunciation?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Dill - 09-30-2020, 02:13 PM