Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(09-30-2020, 02:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You know what, that's fair.  I don't think anyone here disagrees with condemning white supremacists, or race based hatred from any group.

Also fair.  My biggest issue with the "biggest domestic terrorist threat" point, and this occurs here and many other places, is the, IMO often deliberate, mischaracterization of what the report actually states.  I won't go into that further as I explained my position above.

That's an interesting counter point.  I will agree that there are some groups that deserve it that don't receive the label.  I also think it's quickly slapped on groups that are just patriotic or pro western culture.  This is the main reason why I put no stock in the opinions or pronouncements of the SPLC or ADF, they are very quick to label ideological opponents as racist.  Not only does it dilute the impact of the accusation, it actually harms the credibility of the one making it, making future, accurate accusations, less impactful or not impactful at all.

I think the Unite the Right rally is a good example of how it hasn't been used enough. It was organized by two known Neo Nazis, Jason Kessler and Richard Spencer. Kessler got booted from the Proud Boys for being too much of a white supremacist and lined up David Duke to speak at the 2nd rally he was planning. Spencer has called for the US and Europe to be white-ethnic nations and has praised the US Nazi party. 

So when someone suggests that there's nothing wrong with saying there's fine people on that side, it's either dishonest or ignorant. When two Neo Nazis organize an event and lead a chant of "Jews will not replace us", no fine person stays because they really support Robert E Lee. When people are standing on your side with Nazi flags, no fine person says "yea, this is my side even if there's Nazis". In that case, the label hadn't been applied enough.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - BmorePat87 - 09-30-2020, 02:34 PM