Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(09-30-2020, 02:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think the Unite the Right rally is a good example of how it hasn't been used enough. It was organized by two known Neo Nazis, Jason Kessler and Richard Spencer. Kessler got booted from the Proud Boys for being too much of a white supremacist and lined up David Duke to speak at the 2nd rally he was planning. Spencer has called for the US and Europe to be white-ethnic nations and has praised the US Nazi party. 

So when someone suggests that there's nothing wrong with saying there's fine people on that side, it's either dishonest or ignorant. When two Neo Nazis organize an event and lead a chant of "Jews will not replace us", no fine person stays because they really support Robert E Lee. When people are standing on your side with Nazi flags, no fine person says "yea, this is my side even if there's Nazis". In that case, the label hadn't been applied enough.

Your position is remarkably similar to mine in regards to the current protests, although that has less to do with the organizers (if there are any) and more to do with the participants.  If I show up at what I believe to be a patriotic rally and I see Nazi flags I'm instantly out of there.  If I show up at an anti-police brutality rally and people start throwing thigs at the police, vandalizing or looting then I'm instantly out of there.  Once either of those things start happening and you're still there you're not "very fine people" in my book.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-30-2020, 02:51 PM