Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-01-2020, 01:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I mean, I get it. I, too, would rather he just say "I condemn [fill in the blank]" without saying anything else. 

That said, the dude has said multiple times he condemns these things and people are STILL asking him to condemn them.

Yeah, I understand how one can see it that way, I just advocate you also understand why people don't take his condemnations at face value. For example because of the way they are given, pretty much always unwilling and annoyed, always just after following multiple invitations, always while deflecting away in the same breath, and always given in a way the condemned groups take it as emboldenment. Which you might want to take into account to understand where people are coming from.
If violent Antifa members ran around with Biden shirts, then Biden would have to do something more to counter that too. But they don't. The Trump-friendly white supremacists and other extremist groups, however, are full MAGA and show openly that they see Trump as their ally. That is the main reason people (me amongst them) say the condemnations are not good enough, or even meaningless.

(10-01-2020, 01:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Except that's not what's happening. Trump isn't "doing bad". He's doing "not good enough".

That is a fair point, which is why I tried to clarify that I make a more general point to make myself clearer. In the specific instance, feel free to replace "bad" with "not good enough". Meaning, when doing not good enough it is not an effective counter to say "It doesn't matter, for even doing good would not have been good enough for many, folks are just so biased against me anyways". Again, that maybe is hypothetically true, still it is a weak argument to make, imho.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - hollodero - 10-01-2020, 01:53 PM