Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions
(10-01-2020, 01:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe the definition of "win" is at odds with your statement.

Yup. 

I always find it so strange the hoops some will jump through on here to come up with "we should have won".

Like, if you're guy is going into the end zone for the winning TD and gets Leon Lett'd, then ok, you probably should've won.

If the other team recovers an onside kick with under 10 seconds, and then proceeds to complete a Hail Mary as time expries, then, yeah, you probably shoud've won.

If you're the victim of a last second return, where there's multiple laterals, and the announcer is yelling "The band is on the field!" then you probably shoud've won.

You didn't win, but you shoud've won. (If's, and but's, candy and nuts)

Those examples I can let slide, I get the sentiment.  But I don't see our situation as at all similar.

---If Randy Bullock makes that kick...

If Randy Bullock makes that kick we're going to overtime, we didn't win yet.  There's no guarantee we win in overtime, nor is it even a likley outcome.  It's 50-50. 

And people miss kicks all of the time.  There's a handful of extra points missed every single week.  It's not like Randy got struck by lightening when he was kicking the go ahead field goal.  He missed a tying field goal, that get missed more often that you'd think.

---If we didn't give up the late touchdown to the Eagles...

But we did give it up.  You can't just magically take points off the board, from a legitimate drive.  Why aren't you taking off one of our scores, and asking if the Eagles just could've done...

If anything, we should have lost that Eagles game.  They had 1st down from like the 45 with plenty of time.  Their drive then stalled, and then they commited a penalty to take their kicker out of range.  If they get another 10 yards on that drive, they win in OT.  (See how if's work, when applied fairly?

We shouldn't have won any of these game.  We didn't play well enough, and we didn't close out against the Chargers or the Eagles.  That's what happened.  There is no one to blame but the Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions - kevin - 10-01-2020, 02:50 AM
RE: Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions - Au165 - 10-01-2020, 08:29 AM
RE: Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions - Au165 - 10-01-2020, 09:02 AM
RE: Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions - Au165 - 10-01-2020, 09:22 AM
RE: Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions - Tony - 10-01-2020, 06:03 PM
RE: Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions - Wes Mantooth - 10-01-2020, 02:04 PM
RE: Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions - Tony - 10-01-2020, 06:06 PM
RE: Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions - J24 - 10-02-2020, 05:02 PM
Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions - ah5 - 10-03-2020, 01:22 AM