Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-01-2020, 01:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, I understand how one can see it that way, I just advocate you also understand why people don't take his condemnations at face value.

Oh, I know why. It's because they think Trump's a white supremacist himself based on virtually no evidence.

(10-01-2020, 01:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: For example because of the way they are given, pretty much always unwilling and annoyed, always just after following multiple invitations, always while deflecting away in the same breath, and always given in a way the condemned groups take it as emboldenment. Which you might want to take into account to understand where people are coming from.

I'm going to assume you're not a racist (because you've given no reason to suggest otherwise). Now, imagine people routinely call you a racist by twisting your words and/or taking them out of context. Now, imagine you are asked to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. At some point, you're going to get annoyed and respond in a way that might seem as if you're angry/annoyed/deflecting/etc. 

(10-01-2020, 01:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: If violent Antifa members ran around with Biden shirts, then Biden would have to do something more to counter that too. But they don't. The Trump-friendly white supremacists and other extremist groups, however, are full MAGA and show openly that they see Trump as their ally. That is the main reason people (me amongst them) say the condemnations are not good enough, or even meaningless.

Richard Spencer came out in favor of Joe Biden. Biden rejected his support. If Spencer keeps campaigning in favor of Biden, does Biden have an obligation to routinely denounce Spencer? 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - PhilHos - 10-01-2020, 02:53 PM