Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-01-2020, 02:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm going to assume you're not a racist (because you've given no reason to suggest otherwise). Now, imagine people routinely call you a racist by twisting your words and/or taking them out of context. Now, imagine you are asked to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. You are asked again to condemn racism. You do so. At some point, you're going to get annoyed and respond in a way that might seem as if you're angry/annoyed/deflecting/etc. 

Richard Spencer came out in favor of Joe Biden. Biden rejected his support. If Spencer keeps campaigning in favor of Biden, does Biden have an obligation to routinely denounce Spencer? 

I think most people see that Spencer endorsement as a stunt, like his embrace of Zionism. 

Hollo does not make a good analogy. What would be anyone's motivation for "twisting his words"?

AND WHICH WORDS? So far as I know, no one has challenged Hollo to disavow white supremacy because nothing he has said and no policy he has endorsed could be mistaken for such.

But suppose he commented about people from "shithole" countries immigrating to the US, instead of people from Norway. And suppose we learned that he and his father were once fined for refusing to serve black people at their business?

Then someone might ask his views on white supremacy. Imagine he ignores that post, but finally says "I am not a white supremacist" after two others ask him.  Then a fourth poster asks "ok, you are not, but are you AGAINST it?"  To which he does not post an answer.

Then a week later he posts a tweet video of a black man beating up a white woman which is mislabeled as representing a member of BLM. When it turns out the tweet was from a white supremacist site, nothing to do with BLM, Hollo is asked again to explain himself. He says he "didn't know." He won't apologize because no one mentioned race in the tweet and he doesn't have a racist bone in his body.

Next day Hollo posts a tweet of Trump bashing British pm May, in itself unobjectionable, but originating from the account of a British white supremacist. and an hour later someone posts a tweet from @WhiteGenocideTM congratulating Hollo for "keeping it real." To forestall moderator interest, Hollo swears he is not a racist and has no idea who "TM" is. Plus the tweet was about Brexit; no one said "race." Stop twisting his words.

That Friday a cousin pops up in the forum and says that H and his family frequently use the N-word and would not allow blacks to work on their yacht. Hollo calls that "fake news." His word against Hollo's. The cousin is a "loser." There is "a black" in Jungle Noise who has friended him. So he is not racist.

A week later, on an immigration thread, Hollo expresses concern that Mexican "rapists" may be applying for asylum. He supports Trumps' wall, suggesting it will keep out people from all three countries in Mexico. And in the comics forum he posts three antimuslim videos  doctored/captioned by the British neo-fascist party Britain First. The moderators take them down and warn Hollo, who claims he is being unfairly attacked for free speech. You and I ask if he is a white supremacist. He says "NO I AM NOT."   Then posts support for Trump's ban on racial sensitivity training, because he is worried it may lead to "role reversal."

Our actions irritate Bfine, who counts up all the times that H has told us plainly that he is not a racist/white supremacist, claiming it is absurd and unfair that H is asked again and again to condemn racism.  "Why isn't enough enough??"

A day later, a guy who works with Hollo insists he heard H say he feared Minnesota would become a vast refugee camp for Africans . . . . etc. etc. etc.  Someone puts up a post claiming dill is the "real racist" for always putting race questions to Hollo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Dill - 10-01-2020, 09:53 PM