Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President and First Lady test POSITIVE!
(10-02-2020, 10:41 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I don't necessarily disagree, but I also understand there were a lot of people saying a lot of different things about Covid at the time.  I was not privy to the info he was getting daily, but based on the early news reporting the info on Covid was all over the place.  I'm not trying to defend him, I just think it is a more complex issue than people are willing to believe.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

I have to say, maybe in the beginning there was confusion and contradictory messages around the medical expert's, but that vanished pretty soon. Pretty much all of them, in the US and all around the world, agreed that wearing masks and social distancing are effective tools to slow the spread down. At that point, I can not quite excuse a president who mocks wearing masks, encourages protests against social distancing measures, holds potential super spreader events, recommends sham medications and demonstrably lies about the threat. He is on Woodward's tapes admitting he knows how dangerous it is and that he is deliberately playing it down. The hindsight "defense" (for lack of a better word) does not quite work for me in instances like these. He knew better all along.

(10-02-2020, 10:41 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Honestly, I very much dislike Trump's personality.  I voted for him for no other reason than his policies.

I get it. I'm happy you don't feel the need to also glorify him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - hollodero - 10-02-2020, 10:55 AM