Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrows stats are actually crazy
(10-03-2020, 04:27 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Well, Dalton was praised as a rookie for his poise . . . I remember watching a pre-game "re-draft" after the 12th game or 3/4 point of the 2011 season . . . Cam Newton still went #1 and Dalton went #2 because he didn't look like a rookie. But apparently, people don't want to remember that when the entire team looked star struck and overmatched in a playoff game.

Now, the same people suddenly look at the roster and see problems and I laugh.

The QB play improved and they are 0-2-1. Like I said . . . QB wasn't the main problem and now it is the main problem for two different reasons. Those reasons are 1) hoping he stays healthy and 2) doesn't become gun shy just like almost every other young QB does when they play behind a shit line.

But, now we have a good QB to root for and unfortunately not much else.

I've commented on these boards that the Bengals were lucky to get Dalton and not any of those other guys that were drafted in the first round that year. I've also spent countless hours and posts defending him to any number of people that wanted to complain about him, up until around '16-'17. 

He came to the team at a time they were much stronger than they have been the last couple years. Specifically the defense but he did play well a lot of the time with those teams from '11-'15. He and a lot of other areas of the team failed in the post season. 

As this team started to fade and become less competitive, Dalton faded with them. He didn't do much of anything to "carry them" with his own talent. 

Dalton was a game manager. His play usually flowed with how the team was playing/how healthy they were. He had many many many chances to step up and lead this team to playoff wins and he wasn't able to do it. I'd say he was on this team probably 3 years too long. Same as Marv.

Burrow has the type of ability and talent to play well when the team around him isn't as good. Give him the talent and he has the ability to do more than Dalton did with an average to good team. 

Very few people believe that the one and only thing this team needed to do was get a new QB and all would be well. I can only speak for myself when i say that a new QB, a better QB would give them a chance to have better results, simply by his own decision making. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrows stats are actually crazy - J24 - 10-02-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: Burrows stats are actually crazy - McC - 10-03-2020, 12:41 AM
RE: Burrows stats are actually crazy - rfaulk34 - 10-03-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: Burrows stats are actually crazy - McC - 10-03-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: Burrows stats are actually crazy - CJD - 10-03-2020, 04:29 PM