Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrows stats are actually crazy
(10-03-2020, 05:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've commented on these boards that the Bengals were lucky to get Dalton and not any of those other guys that were drafted in the first round that year. I've also spent countless hours and posts defending him to any number of people that wanted to complain about him, up until around '16-'17. 

He came to the team at a time they were much stronger than they have been the last couple years. Specifically the defense but he did play well a lot of the time with those teams from '11-'15. He and a lot of other areas of the team failed in the post season. 

As this team started to fade and become less competitive, Dalton faded with them. He didn't do much of anything to "carry them" with his own talent. 

Dalton was a game manager. His play usually flowed with how the team was playing/how healthy they were. He had many many many chances to step up and lead this team to playoff wins and he wasn't able to do it. I'd say he was on this team probably 3 years too long. Same as Marv.

Burrow has the type of ability and talent to play well when the team around him isn't as good. Give him the talent and he has the ability to do more than Dalton did with an average to good team. 

Very few people believe that the one and only thing this team needed to do was get a new QB and all would be well. I can only speak for myself when i say that a new QB, a better QB would give them a chance to have better results, simply by his own decision making. 

Good post. I take back most of the shit that I've said about you.  Ninja

Just kidding. We've had QB discussions before . . . we were both forced into playing QB when we were young because we both threw harder than everybody else. All that Dalton has really proved is that he was better than his backups, who the best was probably AJ McCarron. It's not like Cincy is like Green Bay in the 90s who kicked out 4 or 5 backups that turned into NFL starters for other teams. Hell, technically, even Aaron Rodgers was a backup for three seasons.

We all want our team to win, and rooting for them to win each Sunday is always #1 in the fandom ranking section. It's just that it has now semi-fallen back to #1A and #1B is hoping Burrow survives each week. I never had that with Dalton. Too many horror stories of young QBs behind crap o-lines. I will always question the drafting of David Klingler and I will question his QB play, but I will never call that man a wimp. He limped back onto the field twice before Pepper Johnson took him and Donald Hollis out three plays apart from each other and brought us into the Jeff Blake era. 

LT - I'm not sold on Williams in the slightest. Anthony Munoz, he is not.
LG - Jordan is still not a legit starter in the NFL. He's young and still a bit raw but he's not there yet.
C - Hopkins is ok. Probably the best o-lineman on the Bengals right now and he is nothing special outside of the underdog/feel good story.
RG - Redmond is an upgrade is all I can say. The X-guy didn't wow me in his limited time in there.
LT - Bobby Hart. I'm kind of between Fred and the board. He didn't stand out(in a bad way) as much last year as he did in '18 and this year but he's still pretty damn weak on his good days.
TE - When pass blocking, Sample looks overmatched and his run blocking is poor.

That's IF everybody is healthy.

Tomorrow, it's 1A and 1B
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrows stats are actually crazy - J24 - 10-02-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: Burrows stats are actually crazy - McC - 10-03-2020, 12:41 AM
RE: Burrows stats are actually crazy - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 10-03-2020, 10:59 PM
RE: Burrows stats are actually crazy - McC - 10-03-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: Burrows stats are actually crazy - CJD - 10-03-2020, 04:29 PM