Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
I'm sorry, but this whole line of thinking when it comes to ONLY blaming Hill or thinking something is wrong with the running game makes very little sense.

1: Running the football and running plays are a total team effort as is stopping the run. Bengals opponents, especially early both in the season and in games, have geared up to stop the run and dared AD to beat them through the air. The running has been tough sledding because of this. As teams respect the pass more from the start of the games through the finish, Hill's yards between the tackles will open up.

2: According to Marvin, most of Hill's yards last year came out from running behind Hewitt. Hewitt has not been as good this year, either = Hill's production is down some.

3: Jeremy Hill has NOT hit the hole as fast as the previous year, nor has he been as slippery between the tackles.... But there also haven't been a ton of giant holes opened up Again.. teams have loaded up for the run. People comparing him to Trent Richardson have clearly never seen Trent Richardson play.

4: Jeremy Hill has KILLED KILLED KILLED opposing teams in the red zone.
   - Is the POWER there? YES
   - Has he been elusive there? YES
   - Has he made plays there? YES

He's the same player. Period.

^ If you acknowledge that teams have clearly loaded up to stop the run, but yet see Hill getting it done in the Red Zone to the tune of the Bengals being 2nd (as of last week) in the NFL in rushing TDs and 10th in total yards, what's the F'ing complaint? That one guy is getting it done in the long field (Bernard - and typically later in the game after the Bengals have thrown it all over the yard - forcing teams to play the pass more, might I add) and that one guy is finding the end-zone in the short field? You guys complaining: :snark:

5: The whole shotgun vs. whatever is a silly debate. Running the ball is running the ball. Period. There are a lot of factors, outside of Hill that factor into the running game's success.

NO, I am not giving Hill a complete pass. YES, I am saying that the player is the same guy, is young, and is going to continue to get stronger as the weather turns. Let the season unfold.

EDIT: Just looked it up & Hill is tied for 2nd in the NFL in TDs with 6 (Eifert has 6, too). He is tied with David Johnosn (RB, AZ) for 2nd in TDs by a running back. What the ehll is Hill supposed to do better?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year - PDub80 - 10-26-2015, 01:31 PM