Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
(10-26-2015, 02:31 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Oh, I get it now. I didn't realize that you don't actually watch the games. I will educate you. And THEN, you can kindly shut the **** up as I suggested you do before when you said I can't be conversed with. You know, right before you again engaged me in conversation?

We'll stick to the topic at hand and the one I was discussing. I know I know. It's a little unfair because you're clearly a unfamiliar with it... The topic is: The 2015 Bengals and how they play football and, in particular, how/when they run the football.

- The Bengals employ a West Coast scheme. They run plays out of the shotgun and they run plays from under center. Some of these plays are designed to move the ball by... ehem.... running it. Scheme & formation doesn't really matter when it comes to the concept of... will they run or won't they run it nor the level of success to be had on said running plays.

- "Ahhhh, but PDub", you say... What about personnel? They can't have multiple looks and personnel packages out there in shotgun &/or under center? That would be too confusing!!!!  Sarcasm

Nope, wrong again. The Bengals have such a versatile roster that their best option at FB, Ryan Hewitt, is actually listed on the roster as an H-Back and plays from the TE spot, too. See, he is often the lead blocker for Jeremy Hill. In fact, he is so much of a lead blocker in the Bengals overall scheme that, according to the Bengals head coach most of Hill's yards last year came from running behind Hewitt. You see, regardless of where the QB is presnap Hewitt can do his thing split out wide, in on the line as a TE, or in a 2-back set. It doesn't freaking matter.

The above goes for putting in extra O-lineman to block or sneakily go out for a pass, putting in more TEs, or putting in whatever they want... They do it regardless of where the QB is under center because their playbook and personnel are THAT diverse.... regardless of where the QB is.

- Pace? GTFO of here with that nonsense. What are you even blathering about? They can run hurry up, big splash plays, grind it out, etc., etc. from whatever the hell formation they want to and get whatever pace they want.

- Style? The Bengals look good to me, baby, regardless of where AD is presnap.

Things that dictate running game success about 10,000 x more than where the QB is presnap (in no particular order)......

- Offensive personnel on the field (we have already established that the Bengals are versatile enough that their personnel can be on the field and change into any formation/protections/audible on offense and perform the intended function of the play)
- Defensive personnel on the field
- Defensive tendencies
- Defensive scheme
- Success in the passing game
- Down and distance
- Score of the game
- Time on the clock
- Just about anything else other than where the QB is under center.

Jesus F Christ, man... The Wildcat and Read Option are even run from under center or the shotgun. It doesn't matter where the QB is presnap in terms of will the runner be successful or not. Not with any sort of appreciable gains on a regular basis.

Now, you want to talk about TYPES of running plays (like a draw? or QB sneak?) out of certain formations? Uhhh, maybe, I guess? But nothing concrete can be put down on that front because those play calls and formations are specific to the things I listed above and a whole host of other more important variables that all matter wayyyyyy more than where the QB is presnap.

This is nonsense. Utter nonsense. Just about every word out of here is nonsense. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year - RoyleRedlegs - 10-26-2015, 02:42 PM