Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've never felt this feeling before
The fact he is throwing nearly 66% on the second most passing attempts in the NFL is simply astounding to me, that is even before you note he is just a rookie. Some people look at his lack of deep passing production as a major issue, which I think when you look at missed oppurtunities things average out over time, but I personally look at that in context to what he has done as making his season so far even more impressive. He has gotten his stats "the hard way", not relying on recievers making a bunch of YAC, or bombing it deep and reaping all the yards, he is doing it with an abundance of accurate passes while under pressre.

When you go back and watch his tape you see a guy who works throguh his reads quickly. This is just absolutley insane for a rookie in general, but with the other noted challenges of this season it really is unbelievable. Getting through your reads quickly comes down to studying, you already can check off one or two pre snap because of coverage, but then you have to quickly confirm coverage at the snap and get to the next few reads. There are multiple cases where you see him get to his 3rd or 4th option and this is often done while under pressure.

I can not tell you how happy watching tape on this guy makes me. Knowing you essentially got to skip the learning year and get straight into instant production on his rookie year should bode well for the teams future success.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I've never felt this feeling before - CJD - 10-05-2020, 09:58 AM
RE: I've never felt this feeling before - Au165 - 10-05-2020, 10:50 AM