Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Anarumo's Half Time Adjustments WORKED!
(10-05-2020, 11:12 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Other than Cleveland, the offenses we have played are crap. The secondary has played pretty well, especially since we have been down Waynes the whole year, Williams for most of it, and Alexander last week. Bates has been spectacular.

But we have little to zero pass rush & the LBs are still poor. Reader has been good but has little help. 

I fear we will be exposed next week. 

Me too.  Yes, I give Lou Anarumo props for yesterday but we need to remember this performance was against the Jaguars who are basically terrible.  Still, I believe this is significant because the Bengals have a long history of making terrible teams look great and yesterday they won a game they should win.  

Baltimore is a whole 'nother problem and I share your fear.  The Ravens are probably among the top three teams in the league right now and their offense is terrific if Lamar Jackson gets time to decide between running and throwing.  The key to beating Baltimore is simple:  Pressure.  Tennessee did that in the playoffs last year and Kansas City did the same last week.  Lamar Jackson is a gifted athlete but he's not good at all under pressure.  Even so, pressure is half the battle against Lamar; if he has a receiver open he has become deadly accurate.  Remember at first when all he could do was run and his passing was suspect?  Now he's a faster version of Randall Cunningham and Michael Vick.  The Bengals' secondary will either win the game by creating coverage sacks or lose the game by allowing too much cushion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lou Anarumo's Half Time Adjustments WORKED! - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-05-2020, 12:56 PM