Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President and First Lady test POSITIVE!
(10-05-2020, 01:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So I was in SW PA all last week, and pretty much avoided this forum. Not purposely, but I had shit to do. I'm pretty disappointed in people. I'm disappointed in people on the left cheering this news. Regardless of your view on Trump, the POTUS having this disease is a situation that has the potential to throw this country into even more chaos. I'm disappointed in many of the right-leaning folks I have seen, including the family I saw, that are buying into conspiracy theories. I'm disappointed in the doctors giving us misinformation, and I'm disappointed in POTUS for his joyride that endangered the lives of others.

If I may play psychological devil's advocate here, being "happy" Trump caught covid may be less about him being ill and more about a perceived sense of fairness.  People tend to like things that are fair or make sense and cognitive dissonance is a pretty big stressor in many aspects of life.

Seeing someone who brags about breaking rules and laws and other societal codes of conduct yet manages to avoid consequence can be a little off-putting for the commoners who don't have the luxury.  Trump actually facing some sort of consequence for his latest gleeful disregard comes off more as satisfying in a sense of fairness moreso that "Hoorah I hope he drops dead" if that makes sense.

You tell a kid to stop yanking on the dog's tail and he smiles and does it again and the dog nips him and the first thing you think is "See?  I told you."  That doesn't make you inherently cruel and evil, you just shug and say that fire is the best teacher.  Then again, maybe I'm just a heartless jerk.  My hunch that Trump is quite likely to use his brush with covid as a means to puff himself up and tacitly put down the many people who died from it may play a role in my mindset, though.

The short of it - Trump constantly brags about breaking rules and getting away with it, so I can see why it's satisfying to see something actually stick to him for once. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - Nately120 - 10-05-2020, 01:11 PM