Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Sees Things Others Don't...
(10-05-2020, 02:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Really?

He runs the 20th ranked offense in the NFL.

I love Joe's progress, but there is also 10 other guys out there. And there is a defense that can't stop the run so the question becomes Sunday against the Ravens, can our offense get on the field or will Ravens control T.O.P.

If so, Joe better be better than 2 for 20 in throws over 20 yards, Joe and the offense has shown no quick strike ability yet.

But, I hope you are correct and I am wrong, but I think Ravens beat us like 34 to 17 Sunday. We are not that good yet as a team and they are.

Is that based on total points?  Look at his last three games (throw out the first game where there were more drops and a BS penalty) and he is averaging over 300 yards and 30 points against Philly, Cleveland, and Jax...You could argue those three teams aren't the best teams but honestly, who has the best defenses right now?  pitt?  Baltimore?  

And the quick strike ability you are referring to will come as teams start to bring up another player to stop the run. If there are always two deep safeties, you have to eat underneath.  

I would be surprised (pleasantly) if the Bengals won the game, but that is largely because of the ineptitude for the defense to stop the run.  I think Burrow will put up at least 28 points.  If not for a very questionable penalty week 1, yesterday that took Boyd's TD away, and an incredible play by Myles Jack, the Bengals have another 21 points on the board in just three games, bringing their average point total to well above 30 points.

He is getting better every week.  If he gets better again and the defense does anything, the Bengals have a real shot at winning.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow Sees Things Others Don't... - SHRacerX - 10-05-2020, 04:24 PM