Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
I also wonder if the entire idea that a certain RB wears down defenses is true. You would think that any combination of backs would have the same effect. If Gio has 12 carries going into the fourth and Hill has 8 wouldn't the defense be just as worn down as if Hill had 20? I figure the constant blocking and being him from the line wears the defense, not the specific RB.

Also, if a RB is getting the ball 20+ times in a game it means the running game is working and the defense is probably out on the field more often, wearing them out. Why does it have to be a single RB to achieve that effect? Running the ball probably means the game is close or the team running is winning. With that you can assume the opposing offense is struggling, making the defense even more tired.

I have no idea if any of this is true, but it seems like the idea that a single running back carrying the ball a lot wears the opposing defense strictly because of that RB is a farce.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year - MrRager - 10-26-2015, 04:49 PM