Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow is out here throwing guys open
(10-05-2020, 06:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: TDs scored since start of 2018 (since Auden Tate entered league and Boyd blossomed):
Tyler Boyd - 13 (7, 6, 1)
John Ross - 10 (7, 3, 0)
AJ Green - 6
Auden Tate - 1
Mike Thomas - 1
Alex Erickson - 0
Drew Sample - 0

Perhaps activate the guy who has the second-most TDs on the team in that time span and use him in the red zone if the Bengals want to score more TDs this year?

I realize you are referring to next year, but perhaps it's worth trying to keep Ross as a RZ weapon.
If not, Chase is obviously a great choice (if he's there). He scored 20 TDs last season and has the rapport with Burrow.
Kyle Pitts is making his way up draft boards and might be worth a selection in the teens come draft day. He's already put up 6 TDs this season in just 2 games.
Devonta Smith had 14 TDs last season and Waddle is on pace for double-digit TDs this year.

I just think it's a smarter investment to get OL/DL in the first two rounds as opposed to WR. Yes, the Bengals need to get one good OL in FA, but they also probably need to get one in the draft too, much like how CLE did this past offseason with Conklin and Wills.
They also need a pass rusher, might need a CB too.

I can understand WR, but it would be lower on my priority list unless they properly address OL (and CB/pass rusher) in FA first.

In no way am I a Ross fan...but I don't know how Erickson gets reps over him. Erickson is decent in the punt return game...but cmon. Erickson gives you absolutely nothing as a receiver. Start getting Ross reps as a punt returner in practice and see if he can handle it. He returned punts in college. The just throw him in where Erickson was playing. He can't be any worse than him as a WR. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow is out here throwing guys open - WeezyBengal - 10-06-2020, 11:31 AM