Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-07-2020, 10:13 AM)Dill Wrote: Umm no, I am not admitting "I" twist Trump's words.

I'm saying that's what YOU are doing when you ignore his denigration of Somalian Minnesotans, who happen to be black, to claim he simply means all the people of Minnesota.  

If you cannot explain why he now includes the people he's just treated as an alien presence, and why we should ignore everything else he has said about them in this one instance (just because?), then you are far short of establishing that Fred or anyone else is "twisting" his words. 

Trump said Minnesotans have good genes. To claim it meant anything else is twisting his words. You're claiming he means all non-Somali Minnesotans have good genes, that's the very definition of twisting his words. 

Now, if you want to use his other speeches to claim that he doesn't actually believe that ALL Minnesotans have good genes, go ahead. But, to claim that when he said "Minnesotans have good genes" he's saying something other than "Minnesotans have good genes" you are twisting his words.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - PhilHos - 10-07-2020, 10:22 AM