Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-07-2020, 10:39 AM)PhilHos Wrote: This is Trump we're talking about. I don't view him as a particularly intelligent individual capable of giving nuanced comments, let alone nuanced thoughts. Trump literally was quoted in an interview saying that he's a good business man because his dad was a good business man as an example of racehorse theory. 

In any event, I don't know how you can look at his comments and think he's saying anything other than 'You guys are a good looking crowd" unless you have an agenda and the truth is not a part of that agenda.

Maybe you're right and he just blurted out something without having a broader point in mind. I can not quite prove the opposite. I have to say though, yeah it's Trump we're talking about and the number of occasions where he used language and terms like these is long. And as SSF already said, benefit of the doubt is something that wears off and you only can get it so often.

This is the same man that suggested dipping buillets in swine blood and shooting muslims, letting one go to tell his folks, was a marvellous idea worth studying. He told women of color to go back where they came from. He finds ways to express his thoughts that make white supremacist groups believe he is their ally. He allegedly calls african countries shitholes and would prefer immigrants from Norway. He allegedly once said that laziness is a trait in blacks (he himself said that this was probably true). He propagated the birther theory. He once highlighted a black supporter of his with the words "Look at my african american. Look at him!". He retweets "Britain First" and Dutch right-wing extremists. Cohen testified that Trump asked if there's any country run by a black person that wasn't a shithole. He tried to scare suburbans with Cory Booker possibly being responsible for suburban housing. He falsely claimed that 81% of white murder victims are murdered by blacks. He keeps blaming this central park 5... --- there just is a lot, and after there being a lot I find it hard to find a perfectly innocent explanation for his choice of words and deeds on each and every single instance. Imho, the if it quacks like a duck line comes into play here.

But hey, maybe you're right on this particular Minnesota incident. Can't definitely say you're not. I disagree that your way is the only rational way to look at this though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - hollodero - 10-07-2020, 11:20 AM