Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-07-2020, 10:55 AM)Dill Wrote: Whoa Philhos, slow down.

I'm not claiming he is saying something other than "Minnesotans have good genes" when he says "Minnesotans have good genes."

I am claiming there is no reason to suppose he means African refugees/immigrants/citizens in Minnesota when he says "Minnesotans." 

You simply ASSUME that he means what you would mean--all PEOPLE in Minnesota--including African immigrants.

But to get there you have to do what you so far have not--explain WHY, in this speech (not another) casting African refugees, including citizens, as people who don't belong in Minnesota, we are to assume them included in a later reference to "people of Minnesota."

No, to get there all I have to do is take his words at face value and in context. He mentions no group like Somalians, Africans, blacks, non-whites. And says Minnesotans have good genes. He doesn't limit it to only white Minnesotans or American-born Minnesotans. He just says Minnesotans. To claim he's only speaking to 'whites' is to twist his words.

Now, if you want to argue he doesn't believe it based on previous speeches, go ahead. But to say that when Trump said "Minnesotans have good genes" he really meant "white Minnesotans" is to twist his words.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - PhilHos - 10-07-2020, 11:24 AM