Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-07-2020, 11:24 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, to get there all I have to do is take his words at face value and in context. He mentions no group like Somalians, Africans, blacks, non-whites. And says Minnesotans have good genes. He doesn't limit it to only white Minnesotans or American-born Minnesotans. He just says Minnesotans. To claim he's only speaking to 'whites' is to twist his words.

And this is what I mean by "mental gymnastics". In order to interpret Trumps claims the way you do you have to pretend something that does not exist.. There is no gene just for people who live in Minnesota .

The fact that Trump used the racist dog whistle "racehorse theory" proves that Trump knows genes are controlled by breeding instead of location. So now you have to pretend he never said that either.

It does not matter how many times Trump says he denounces white supremacy when he keeps making clearly racist. statements. It is like saying "I support the feminist movement but I think it is okay for a husband to slap his wife around a little when she does not obey." Would you say that comment is fine just because he said he supports the feminist movement?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - fredtoast - 10-07-2020, 12:12 PM