Poll: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
Yes
No
Something about Abraham Lincoln
All of Trump's judicial nominations are white!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
(10-08-2020, 12:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am in favor of doing what is necessary to respond to the deceptive and underhanded behaviors of the Republican party.

If they force ACB through in a month prior to the election and then Biden wins and they re-take the Senate (both realistic scenarios), then I think stacking the courts is all but required.

But I'd prefer we keep it at 9 and the Republicans just sit down and let the election happen before the SC seat is filled, Like Graham promised back in 2016 and 2018.  Stacking the court gets complicated because it sets a precedent that the Republicans would then use once they regain power and it just will spiral from there. And, as we all saw with the nuclear option, opening doors for Mitch only makes him open more doors.

There is literally nothing unconstitutional about Confirming ACB.  The Prez and Senate terms end in January, not October.  Even Ginsberg agreed with this and was against packing the court.

Why was the 9 person court ok with the Dems when it was a 5-4 slant in their favor?
Why is it not ok to have a 5-4 or 6-3 slant to Repubs?
Is only one party allowed that?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court? - Mickeypoo - 10-08-2020, 12:31 PM