Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow is out here throwing guys open
(10-09-2020, 11:36 AM)Wire22Wire Wrote: You think that for the last 4 years of sustained failure and underperformance, John Ross as been 'Holding back' his true abilities all along, because of a conversation he had with Desean Jackson before the 2017 draft. 

Not the only factor, no.
But I think it could have contributed (or still does if he has this mindset).
Also, he didn't just "have a conversation" with DJax, DJax and he became close. He trained a lot with DJax leading up to the draft. DJax essentially became a coach.

He also suffers from a lack of being able to consistently catch the ball. I went back and watched his college tape and he basket catches a lot of his passes.

He's also suffered from being able to remain healthy.

Last, which is something we've heard, there's some mental he's dealing with. Not sure whether it's lack of confidence, fear of getting hurt again, trouble grasping the playbook, thinking too much about what he's doing (or going to do after the catch), or what.

Maybe he just has no interest in being in Cincinnati and is already thinking/hoping where he might go after this season.

All I'm saying is the player I remember analyzing in college is a very different player that I see now in his 4th year in the NFL. He doesn't play the same way. And it's not just because of his level of competition.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow is out here throwing guys open - ochocincos - 10-09-2020, 11:47 AM