Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-08-2020, 11:05 PM)hollodero Wrote: I find that well argued.

What I'd like to add concerning my perspective: I'd rather say he was flirtatious with people believing in eugenics and a superior race. Trump himself, I don't really know what he believes, I don't think he consciously considers anyone but himself superior really. But he is also quite the unreflected person that is influenced by many voices, directly and through media consumption, that very much include the extreme right-wing and the grey areas to actual white supremacists.

I don't think he has what a rational person would consider a consistent ideology.  I think he buffet style picks and chooses what he likes at that moment in time.  As I've stated before, he's mercurial on a lot of topics.  Also, as I said earlier, his genes comment could easily have been triggered by his seeing an attractive woman in the crowd.

Quote:And these extremist groups demonstrably do like him, all the David Dukes and friends. I assume they do not see any ambiguity in what Trump says here. For they never did with anything. And a big reason is that Trump, wittingly or unwittingly, keeps using expressions and ways to say things that they consider an endorsement. So goes the theory.

This I'll agree with, but I think the fondness for Trump from these groups has more to do with his confrontational style, and his disdain for political correctness and his ideological "opponents".  They also approve of his positions on immigration and refugees.  

Quote:Also, Trump definitely refused to denounce QAnon. I find it surprising how little that is discussed. That man just likes anyone who likes or pretends to like him, to an embarrassing extent. I think it includes extremists that like him.

Yeah, he definitely enjoys anything that paints his opponents in a negative light.  Seeing as how QAnon has frequently targeted the Democratic party (e.g. Pizzagate) his refusal to denounce the conspiracy theorist isn't really that surprising.  We all agree, the man is no deep thinker.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-09-2020, 11:56 AM