Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why can't he stop insulting them
(10-09-2020, 03:05 PM)hollodero Wrote: Not so keen on any kudos, but I missed to concede that some of these comments, especially the older ones, are indeed hard to accept. Eg. The 1977 one is horrible and I did not know about that one.

Some others I consider a big bunch of nothing though. Like the one where he pointed out that many black women can not afford to stay home. That's just the truth. Also, that "hispanics" are a less homogenuous group, something every political commentator concedes, albeit often in slightly less clumsy terms. "If you don't vote for me, you ain't black?" Well, he should definitely not have said that. It also was not a racist scandal. And what's the actual issue with him saying the death of Floyd was more impactful than the assassination of MLK? I don't know if it's true, but I fail to see the scandal here.

I still want to know more exactly why you think the overwhelming majority of black people vote for him and support him. Not just against Trump. But also in the primaries. Why also in the primaries? It's almost as if he had made amends for past mistakes and they do not consider him a racist.

Oh no worry on the kudos

He won the primaries because that's who the DNC wanted; same reason Hills won in 16. Bernie was leading until Super Tuesday when every other candidate but he and Bernie conceded and all got in line and threw their support to Joe.

As to the why the black vote. I answered it:

Quote:1. Those supporters will be led to believe he is the better option as enablers will try to mitigate his comments by bringing up his opponent. This is known as a Red Herring (Charlottesville anyone?)

2. Those supporters realize Biden participates frequently in the soft bigotry of low expectations. But they also realize he will support platforms that will advantage them. (Much like the Evangelical do Trump)

The latter is probably a greater percentage than the former.

Now I could go deeper into a 3rd reason as to why I feel  Blacks vote against conservatives even when those policies favor them. But that ain't happening in this forum.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why can't he stop insulting them - bfine32 - 10-07-2020, 04:10 PM
RE: Why can't he stop insulting them - bfine32 - 10-09-2020, 03:22 PM