Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-09-2020, 07:24 PM)Dill Wrote: Well I didn't "condemn" it because 

1) Exactly when do "us guys" feel we are being treated unfairly? YOU've twice accused me of being a racist, and denounced me as a supporter of ANTIFA, ISIS, and more if I took the time to review. (At least twice moderators have removed posts you've addressed to me before I could even see them; so who knows what else.) No one else in this forum has done anything like that. And others have similar stories to tell. I've never responded to you in kind, and my reminders of common civility you've met with "amusement" and complaints of "condescension." Same when I've asked you to stop verbal abuse of others. You demand a level of respect and deference from others that you don't feel they deserve in turn. So when I see a post like Sam's, I don't know his history with you, but I assume something that went around just came around. I can't be sure that he's the problem.

2) In this case I don't think you were labelled a "white supremacist" or whatever. You condemn "both sides" and "all violence," sure, but then go on and on about "the left" and Portland and contest any characterization of far right militia as the more serious problem. So I understand why Sam might have been moved to note that imbalance again in your quick rush to obfuscate a perfectly good discussion of Trump's words at the mention of "Hitler"--without even understanding the point. Not the first time. There is absolutely no reason why the mention of Hitler has to automatically be a "comparison" or shut down discussion even if it were.  No reason it MUST have the nefarious effects you claim it must and every time--unless you make it so.

For the record, I think everyone should follow the rules in place right now, and not personally attack other board members by calling them racist or white supremacists or ISIS supporters (unless they themselves identify themselves as such).  I don't like the constant drama of people denouncing and accusing others. 

Duly noted.  I have now been called a fan of Hitler by one of your buddies and told I was craving an opportunity to kill someone by another.  Yet you never see those or if you do you don't see it as a problem.  I certainly give as good as I get but I have never stooped to that level.  But justify it however you want.  I guess this is one more example of "it's ok when we do it" from you.  Your hypocrisy is so glaring we could power a city with it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-09-2020, 07:35 PM