Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We still calling for Turner/Lou's head?
(10-09-2020, 10:55 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Like the saying goes, "winning fixes everything", are we now cool with Turner/Lou? I haven't seen any real badmouthing them this week. Before the Jags win it was like both of them had run a train on everyone's sister, people were ready to burn their houses down. I just want to know if I'm still supposed to be mad or not?

As one of the ones that wanted to vomit after watching the first three weeks of his first 15 plays each game (the so-called scripted plays), I was really down on ZT from a play-calling standpoint.  Totally gave up on the run too early.  He used little to no misdirection.  Didn't throw to his back.  Blah, blah, blah...but this last game....He changed.  He started out bad because Green was timed at 15 MPH (which is crazy slow) and Burrow understandably overthrew that piss poor effort.  Three and out.  The rest of the game, though, he had balance and creativity.  Burrow wasn't a sitting duck in the same spot over and over again.  I would say he LEARNED or even IMPROVED.  Whatever the reason, he changed. 

I would sit and watch Marv stubbornly say "we just need to block and tackle better" and stick with the same boring formula.  At least Taylor showed some adaptation and improvement.  

This week will show a lot of us if Anarumo is worth keeping around if he and ZT's game against Jacksonville was because it was Jacksonville.

And that surrendering points right before the half shit has got to stop.  Tighten up that coverage.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We still calling for Turner/Lou's head? - SHRacerX - 10-10-2020, 01:22 PM