Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steeler week
(10-27-2015, 11:07 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: After an ugly loss to the Chiefs on Sunday, the Squealers (now 4-3) will be mad as tipped-over hornet's nest. Not unlike last year when we played the Pats (who suffered an embarassing loss) the week after the bye.

The Squealers are gonna give the bengals their best shot. The Squealers know that the playoffs will be iffy if they drop to 4-4 and I think that will bring out the "bully" in them.

The Bengals, on the other hand, know that one loss does not a season make. I have a gut feeling that the Bengals simply will not be able to match the Squealers' intensity, simply because this is a "make or break" game for the Squealers and it is not for the Bengals.

Can this version of the Bengals play with the Squealers? Of course. Will they? We'll knw by 4:00 on Sunday afternoon.

The bad team from Pitt may be mad, but that doesn't mean they're talented enough to do much more than have a temper tantrum about it.  This is a game Cincinnati will be up for as much as any game they play this year.  Don't think this team is looking at their 6-0 right now thinking a loss to The Steelers doesn't mean anything to them.  I'd have to say, there should be a playoff feel to this game.

Now, to use your argument, that doesn't mean they won't lose to Cleveland, even though they shouldn't.  Best thing about the Cleveland game is that it's prime time... And even though they passed that hump last year, the lingering conventional wisdom may be enough motivation for the team to play even that game with a chip on their shoulders.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Steeler week - Whodeyfan - 10-26-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: Steeler week - SHRacerX - 10-27-2015, 09:32 AM
RE: Steeler week - bengalguy71 - 10-27-2015, 02:36 PM
RE: Steeler week - Pezmerga - 10-27-2015, 10:49 AM
RE: Steeler week - PV Bengal - 10-27-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Steeler week - West Union KennyG - 10-27-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: Steeler week - gobobro - 10-27-2015, 11:18 AM