Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't blame Mike, the FO, or Tobin
(10-11-2020, 07:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yea, I said it.

They gave Zac everything he could want. Let him make all the decisions (Turner over Callahan or at least Pollack for sure, Lou over Jack Del Rio etc.)

They didn't do much for him last year but the players they brought in (Webb) was their guys. Listened to the assistant coaches when it came to Hart. Allowed him to bench Dalton (and Dunlap). This offseason, they gave him a blank check in free agency.

It seems they gave him all the freedom to build his "program", and typically I am critical of them, but outside of making a bad hire, I can't fault them much for their efforts and willingness to change their ways.

The coaches just haven't worked, and sure that is their "fault", but we shouldn't criticize them as if this is completely (yet) the pre Marvin era. They've made some changes in philosophy, and showed a willingness to step aside and those should be acknowledged with hopes of not succumbing to the possibility that only Marvin could stabilize the Organization (as many long said).

I'm sorry, but the only "good" hire made during the entire Mike Brown era of the Bengals was Marvin Lewis.

The Taylor Bengals appear to be little different than the pre-Marvin Bengals. Same ol' ineptness.

Mike Brown and family need to fully step aside - forever! And someone with an actual high production record brought in to make over the organization from the scouting all the way to the assistant coaches and even stadium management.

What on earth qualified Taylor to be a HC? Bullshitting people is not a quality I'd want in a HC. The guy even bullshits himself into believing he knows what he's doing.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Don't blame Mike, the FO, or Tobin - jj22 - 10-11-2020, 07:33 PM
RE: Don't blame Mike, the FO, or Tobin - BengalChris - 10-11-2020, 07:59 PM