Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outgunned on the O-line, What Can Be Done?
(10-12-2020, 12:48 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, when you look at this o-line:

Jonah - He's looked rough at times, but it's way to early to make any judgement on him. 
Jordan - Gets pushed around and beaten off the snap a lot! I know he's still very young and 4th rder, but damn.
Hopkins - Decent and serviceable, but I don't know that he'll ever be much more than that.
Redmund - Has always been pretty bad, got cut and brought back, still not very good. 
Hart - There are just too many times the guy looks completely lost / confused out there in pass pro. 

Price - A complete bust that has continued to get worse, and is pathetic in pass protection.
XSF - Got injured early, so jury's still out, but the only FA addition to the line has been mediocre, at best, in his career.
Big Fred - A disaster at G, and can't unseat Hart at RT. Maybe a career backup who's never good enough to start?
Adeniji - Don't really know what we have in him. By all accounts, he has promise, but is still a 6th rd pick.

The lack of overall talent and potential in this group frightening. LG, RG and RT all have to be addressed this off-season, IMO.

Yeah, it's very scary. The talent is worse than subpar. It's hard to evaluate anything, or establish anything offensively when your line is this bad. Every week is simply survival mode. You should watch FSU, same damn thing. If I didn't watch two teams with the exact same struggles, I might be as harsh on RBs, coaches, QBs, etc as other posters are....but I get to watch this trainwreck TWICE every weekend.  FSU has had THREE coaching staffs since 2017, and it's the SAME RESULTS. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outgunned on the O-line, What Can Be Done? - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-12-2020, 02:28 AM