Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All things considered the defense took a big step forward today..
(10-12-2020, 10:08 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Very true. I'd add covering Andrews was a real problem (stop me if this sounds familiar lol). Just looked and KC gave up 7.5 to them, but of course they have a far better offense to keep pace. Getting pressure & 3rd down conversions are the achilles heal for this D.

I do really like how this staff seems to make good second half adjustments to, especially the defense yesterday.

I heard Gannon mention we "doubled" Andrews at one point and he still caught it, which was actually false. We were in a cover 1 with Bates playing "robber", he came down into his hook zone and passed Andrews for the more likely throw underneath. It was actually a good call on Bates part but Lamar decided to get a little greedy and take the more difficult pass over the top. We played him decently, but frankly, a lot of his catches were good throws and solid ball placement. Guys like that are going to get you a couple of times, but all things considered, they didn't play him horribly as 6 for 56 and a TD isn't a backbreaker by a receiving option. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All things considered the defense took a big step forward today.. - Au165 - 10-12-2020, 10:12 AM