Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
(10-12-2020, 12:06 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I'm not sold on the lip reading thing. Not at all. And to take it a step further, that pass way WAY over his head. I dont think he couldve knocked it out of the DBs hands. I think AJ was surprised the DB jumped up and caught it to be honest. It just wasnt a good pass or even close. Burrow threw it basically falling back with a defender about to hit him. Terrible pass.
I'm not getting into the mind reading on AJ Green either.   I can say that most NFL Players ready to hit Free Agency hate when the one year Franchise Tag is thrown on them.  I can say this because players have said this.   Lets face it, Green did not risk playing and injury last year, and Dave Lapham mentioned Green running great in practices only to sit out all 2019 games.  On this site many of you were cool with that in 2019, saying why should Green risk an injury for this team and many agreed he was smart to save himself for free agency. THEN CAME THE FRANCHISE TAG.  

I would think the Franchise Tag has some rules to it.  That if you Tag a player to keep him from going free agency one more year, I would think The Players Union has some regulations on the team owners. I would think regulations on trading a player you kept from going free agent with a one year franchise tag might be in the Union Agreement somewhere.  It could be The Franchise Tag limits trading said Tagged Player.  If a team lets a contract run out, and a player is all set to see what he can get in free agency, but then the team tags him one more year, then I would think Players Union would have court case issues on that player traded by Ownership after depriving him free agency. 

We have 11 more games of AJ Green.  His franchise tag already used. When it was clear Green and Dalton contracts were up, I said on here Fine, draft Burrow and use Green/ Dalton money to get some blockers for Burrow and some Defense.  They got Burrow, they did not get blockers.  Paying Green one more year and denying his chance to go free agent, that money may have been better spent on adding blockers to improve worst O Line in NFL and protecting Top Pick Joe Heisman.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - kevin - 10-12-2020, 01:39 PM
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"? - JSR18 - 10-16-2020, 04:12 PM