Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Offensive Line: It's NOT the Players. It's the Scheme
(10-12-2020, 02:08 PM)kevin Wrote: NO, it really is the players.  Every year you people come on here and ask how can we be losing, it must be coaching, Bengals have such great players.  NO THEY DON'T....The Bengals Right Guards and Right Tackles could not play for any other team in the NFL.   Their right flank is wide open to defenses pouring in. 

Now, I will say Bengals should do more Power Running.  Mixon behind Burrow with a head of steam as he takes the hand off.   That thing of Mixon standing next to Burrow flat footed is weak.  I know many college and pro teams do this now, but it is weak.   Mixon and this line are better when Mixon lines up for run behind Burrow and takes the hand off on the run and POWERS into the trenches. 

Still, lets not have another year of saying we have the best players in NFL, so it must be coaching.  No, some of our players have no business in The NFL.  Hopefully the Rebuild will weed them out. 

In you mentioning Ogbuehi and Price, I've been thinking their injuries that ruined their rookie years. Maybe they never got over those injuries. It would explain why we never saw the reason they were drafted round one, Injuries. Damaged Goods. They were not out a game or two, theses were major injuries. So was Williams and hopefully he can play. He is still in his first games getting taken to school by NFL Defenses.

Good response!

Honest question: Do you think, hypothetically only, that if the Bengals hired Mike Munchak or Dante Scarnecchia the offensive line wouldn’t get better?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Line: It's NOT the Players. It's the Scheme - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-12-2020, 03:33 PM