Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Moving forward, Only one thing matters
(10-12-2020, 10:48 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The number of free runners at Burrow yesterday are an indication to me that it is scheme rather than the players that are to blame. The coaches need to know how to shift the line, assign blockers and provide protection against obvious corner and linebacker blitzes. There was one play where a linebacker was standing at the LOS before the snap and then he just went right through the gap between the RT and RG for a free hit on Burrow. Mixon was on the wrong side of Burrow and, without blocking anyone, squeezed through the center and left guard into a route. If he were on Burrow's right, he would have chipped the free blocker on his way to his route.

Those are the kinds of things I see that make me think we need new coaches.

We need new players too, especially at RG, LG and RT, but the coaches are as big of a problem, if not slightly moreso.

I get what you're saying and don't disagree. But I would think that blocking 101 has to take over at times no matter the scheme. You've got a free rusher coming up the middle hit him and to hell with the rest !

Or in other words the players aren't free from responsibility.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving forward, Only one thing matters - bengalfan74 - 10-12-2020, 05:51 PM