Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
There’s a Way to Wake Up the Offensive Line — But it’s Too Mean
My take #1: the guards are the problem. The missed blocks were everywhere it seemed during the Ravens game, but it looked to me the line is missing A gap stunts, something that is considered ordinary for defenses. Line is missing gaps in general like C-gap and I think Sample's blocking has regressed from solid performance in college to missing in action as in-line TE. Sample has improved as a hands TE but lets face it, he moves like a glacier as a receiver so they need his blocking expertise.

My take #2: I think Turner's scheme for blocking is not working to say the least. I am not certain but I do not see the team utilizing slant blocking or anything to create a flow. This is why Mixon is stuttering at the line...he wants to cut back against the flow but there is no line movement laterally. The line certainly is not improving from the average performance of the last 5 games of last season. If you look at the PFF grades, some of the players are scoring better as pass pro, even Hart. Some games, however, they score better in run blocking. This points to schemes and game planning.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: There’s a Way to Wake Up the Offensive Line — But it’s Too Mean - psychdoctor - 10-12-2020, 07:27 PM