Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Offensive Line: It's NOT the Players. It's the Scheme
(10-12-2020, 08:39 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Reading these posts are painful ,because our fans seem.smarter then our coaches. I knew turner was a bad hire from his resume yet we bring him in and refuse to get rid of him because hes family. Makes me believe the nfl is fixed. And then I know theres other nfl teams like the patriots and steelers and kc , I cant name any o lineman on their teams. Except decastro and that's because we could of got him. These teams go off technique and being able to get away with holding also. Just like someone said,a guy goes down it dont kill their season they just keep winning.

The Cincinnati Bengals have by far the smartest fan base in all of sports, not just the NFL. It’s not even close. The NFL isn’t fixed, it’s broken.

Our fans are smart because we’ve had to learn what good football and bad football look like. I was just a kid in ‘81 and ‘88 and that was amazing football the Bengals played. They were dominating opponents every week and nearly won two Super Bowls. Now fast forward to the 1990s after Paul Brown died and Cincinnati hasn’t won a playoff game since. The last win was in the season thirty years ago. That’s why it’s so frustrating!

Bengals fans know every defensive set, every blocking scheme, and every wide receiver route. Give every NFL fan base a test of what defensive line techniques are and a Bengals fan will ace it every time. A 1-technique means lining up just to one side of the center, 3 technique on the outside shoulder of a guard, and 5 technique on the outside shoulder of a tackle. Lining up on the outside shoulder of the tight end is actually a 9 technique, and the inside shoulder of the TE is a 7 technique. We know what gaps are for offensive linemen too.

I was on the Dallas Message Board to see what Cowboys fans thought of Andy Dalton and I expected their posters to be smart like ours. Wrong! They were dumb as rocks. I expected comments about routes and passing techniques but the most relevant comment I read was, “He was slangin’ that biscuit.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offensive Line: It's NOT the Players. It's the Scheme - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-12-2020, 09:57 PM