Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘We Need to Take Away Children,’ No Matter How Young
(10-13-2020, 12:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I forget where it was but out west (I think California) a few years ago, it came out that the DA was not going to prosecute for small crimes like shoplifting. Guess what happened? Many people went nuts and started shoplifting. Sometimes, if a certain crime becomes a problem, you need to drop the hammer to try to send a message and to try to get people to stop committing that crime.

So, to answer your question: yes, I should be sent to jail and separated from my kids for stealing a candy bar if there was a problem with lots of people stealing candy bars in Ohio. 

Sure, if the law allows that. Similarly if the law allows jail for a first offense a judge is well within his or her rights to sentence them to prison.

Now let's go a step further, what if the judge didn't always send people to jail for stealing candy bars but instead specifically sent people with kids to jail while letting those without go without being incarcerated more often than not? 

You still good with that?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘We Need to Take Away Children,’ No Matter How Young - Au165 - 10-13-2020, 12:14 PM