Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year?
(10-13-2020, 12:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's the part I yearn to know. I've followed this team since the '80s. What caused Mike Brown to be Mike Brown? 

I do not know, but I have a guess.

Say your Dad was a football guru. Highly viewed as one of the best coaches, and was able to make some great changes to the game. He passes away and gifts you a football team. Now, you are a numbers nerd and a guy that counts money and that is what you are good at, but you want to show the world that you learned from your Dad. So, you continue to do things on your own, determined to prove you can, and after 20 years you are so far behind the rest of the league, it would be expensive to catch up in terms of staff plus your ego just won't give up because you really have convinced yourself that your way works but there was injuries or a fumble or just some bad luck that held you back. Palmer's injury, Hill's fumble, these seasons are probably viewed as "that was our year but..." and that small fluke allows him to believe his way will work if not for the small fluke... 

Just my thought.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - ah5 - 10-03-2020, 01:24 AM
RE: Burrow Offensive Rookie of the Year? - Murdock2420 - 10-13-2020, 12:53 PM