Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fire Everyone/Everyone is to Blame
If people are wondering if this (GM + Scouts) is a money issue I thought I'd supply some numbers.

Note: These numbers are kind of hard to keep completely up to date, as they're not as public as coaching salaries. Consider this is to be "ballpark", just for the sake of discussion.

In 2016 the salary range listed across numerous sites for NFL GM's was 1-3 million dollars. At this time, John Elway was the highest paid GM at the 3 mil mark. Now, not all GM's are built the same. Some have more responsibilities, and some have bigger names and better resumes. So there's a lot that goes into determing their value.

I think it's a safe assumption salaries have increased. So I'm going to set the market at 1.5 to 4 mil for 2020.

Let's just assume we make a huge splash at we commit to paying a GM a 3 mil dollar salary.

The range for scouts appears to be between 50-150k, with those topping 80k being veterans with 10+ years of experience.

Let's assume we hire 10 scouts at an average of 100k. The total being 1 million dollars put into our scouting department.

Using the above estimate, we could add a legitimate, quality GM, along with 10 incredibly qualified scouts for a total of 4 million dollars per season.

To put that 4 million into perspective, we paid 7 million dollars to Antonio Brown who never even had a full practice. We're currently paying Bobby Hart 6.8 million dollars to suck ass. We're currently paying Gio Bernard 5 mil to carry the ball 2 times a game. And we're currently paying AJ Green 18 million dollars to be a washed up bum.

I think it's safe to say a legitimate front office could prevent some of the above overspending. Not to mention an improvement on the field means an improvement in revenues. Translation = They would pay for themselves.

And that 4 mil actually gets lowered when you subtract whatever we're currently paying Duke Tobin. There's a very good chance we could rebuild the entire front office, modernize it, and bring it up to standards for about an additional 3 million dollars.

It's crazy to argue against this. This teams operating expenses are well over 200 million dollars. You're talking about an investment that's around 1% of current total expenses.

Why would that not to do this? The only answer is stubborness. You can't use money as an excuse.

All told, they'd make more money as a result of being a better team, they'd lose less money on bad contracts, they'd increase their negotiating power for the stadium lease, and they most likely would bring up the overall value of their franchise if they ever were to sell it.

No brainer...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fire Everyone/Everyone is to Blame - Wes Mantooth - 10-13-2020, 01:08 PM
RE: Jim Turner - JSR18 - 10-13-2020, 07:26 PM
Jim Turner - uticabengalfan - 10-12-2020, 02:34 PM
RE: Jim Turner - samhain - 10-12-2020, 02:41 PM
RE: Jim Turner - 740Bengal - 10-12-2020, 02:43 PM
RE: Jim Turner - CJD - 10-12-2020, 02:52 PM
RE: Jim Turner - Nati#1 - 10-12-2020, 03:07 PM
RE: Jim Turner - lone bengal - 10-12-2020, 03:27 PM
RE: Jim Turner - BengalsFanRealist2855 - 10-12-2020, 08:43 PM