Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
REALISTIC Zac Taylor Expectations
(10-13-2020, 01:24 PM)Fullrock Wrote: They signed Jerry in June and Smith in July of last year. Desperation signings to try to even field an offensive line after Boling retired and Williams got hurt. Miller, though not great, was at least serviceable at RG.

You do understand that the coaches are typically not the people who decide how active they are going to be in free agency, right? They also are not the only ones involved in contract extensions and certainly not the money side of those extensions. You have no clue whether or not Zac "signed off" on anything in regards to Hart and Brown. Given that they cut Brown in the middle of the season last year, I'm guessing he was never their guy to begin with, and it took some convincing to the brass to let him go.

Again, you're assuming the coaches of this team have the control to decide whether or not to cut Ross or resign AJ.

I know how other teams operate, but the coaches for the Bengals definitely do have input and some control over players that are drafted and signed. Have you not been watching this team for the last 20+ years? Taylor and Turner have both said the signings and extensions were signed off by them. I’m not assuming.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: REALISTIC Zac Taylor Expectations - Yojimbo - 10-13-2020, 01:27 PM