Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
REALISTIC Zac Taylor Expectations
Taylor took over a six win team. I understand that it sometimes takes a year to turn around so I give him a pass on last year. But this year he got two first round picks and a handful of big free agents. No matter how bad the team was last year he has to show major improvement this year or he is a failure as a head coach.

I am not in the crowd saying to fire him right now. But by the end of the year we have to show major improvement or he needs to be replaced.

--I was impressed last year when he fixed the run game in the middle of the season, but all that improvement has disappeared.

--Burrow holds onto the ball too long, so our sack numbers are inflated. But the pass protection is still very weak. And it seems a lot of the problems have to do more with failure to pick up stunts and blitzes than just being physically over powered. This is on the coaches.

--High sack numbers are also due to poor schemes in the passing game. Dalton did not look that bad in 2018, but looked like total shit last year. I don't believe he forgot how to play QB in one offseason. Instead I think the coaching is a big part of the problem with the passing game. If our schemes don't get receivers open the QB has to hold on to the ball longer.

--Our pass defense is actually very good. It is the only thing this team does well.

--Our run defense is horrid. Can't tell if it is on the players or the coaching, but something has to change.

--Special teams are fantastic. I would not mind seeing Simmons given the head coaching position if he is interested.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: REALISTIC Zac Taylor Expectations - fredtoast - 10-13-2020, 01:46 PM