Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
REALISTIC Zac Taylor Expectations
(10-13-2020, 01:16 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: I agreed with you until I watched the game Sunday. When your quarterback has no chance of getting the throws off and your receivers cant get open, then why in the hell stay in 5 wide sets and keep trying to run the same pathetic offense????? No double tight, no fullback, no chipping anything to help protection. Im sorry but this isnt LSU and we cant run the 5 wide all the time like they did. This is the NFL, for crying out loud what happened to the fullback in football?? Do yourself a favor and research ZT’s offense ranking the year he was the OC at UC in a pathetic conference. This dude dont have it period, hes Dave Shula 2.0, then have the balls to tell the fans every week were building a great culture here blah blah blah. Bs this is a results driven league and any other team in the NFL woulda packed this clowns bags after last year. Now we get to sit and watch the 90s repeat themselves

It's also worth looking at the year he took over as OC in MIA in 2015 and compare it to the offensive performances in 2019 and 2020 in CIN.
2015 MIA - 27th in Points For, 26th in yards
2019 CIN - 30th in Points For, 26th in yards
2020 CIN - 29th in Points For, 26th in yards

As you mention, they need to find ways to increase protection to allow receivers more time to get open.
Defenses are beating this OL with just 4-5 guys. Most of the OL are getting beat in 1-on-1 matchups.
Have an extra OL plus a TE out there blocking (or double OL).
Drew Sample actually has the 3rd most pass blocking snaps of all TEs according to PFF, but he's not doing great at it (51.2 rating). He's (much) better as a run blocker.

I doubt the Bengals would get a FB given they are more of a spread team, not a run-it-down-your-throat team, but a FB would sure help the run game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: REALISTIC Zac Taylor Expectations - ochocincos - 10-13-2020, 02:00 PM