Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record Chasers....... CountDown
(10-23-2015, 10:11 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It's a "fact" to the media and casual fans that blindly follow everything the media tells them to.

Wins are a team statistic. I have no problem saying that Andy Dalton played at an elite level against the Chargers which played a huge role in the team's victory, but the Bengals beat the Chargers, not Andy.

Just stop with the condescending "casual fan" crap. Respected sites such as Pro Football Reference list the win/loss records for starting QB's. Like it or not, that's reality. 

It's team game. I think everyone gets that. That said, Head Coaches and QB's have a much larger role than any other individual player in team success. This is why their win/loss records are tracked.

It's similar to win/loss records for pitchers in baseball. Baseball is also a "team game", but pitchers play a much bigger role in team success/failure than any of the 8 position players. 

I think the problem is that you think the stat is giving 100% credit to one player. I don't see it that way. I view the stat as how well the team does with that player starting. The one who is starting at (by far) the most important position on the field. A QB can pretty much make or break a game by himself. That's why a win/loss record is attributed to him, but not the LG or a slot WR.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Record Chasers....... CountDown - Shake n Blake - 10-27-2015, 06:13 PM