Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How does Taylor stack up to worst coaches in NFL history?
(10-13-2020, 03:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Look at the growth then. Landry took 7 seasons to get over .500.  Taylor only had 2 wins last year. So far this year he has 1 win and 1 tie in 5 weeks, with a rookie Quarterback. His defensive line is decimated by injury and his offensive line sucks. Simply put, if he gets to 6 wins this season it would be a pretty outstanding thing.

Landry started coaching 60 years ago. It was a completely different era back then.
There's no way a franchise nowadays waits 7 years for their team to have a winning season.
Is there a franchise who has stuck with the same HC for that many years without having a winning season in the past 20 years?

With that said, if the Bengals can somehow get to 6 wins this year, I think Taylor deserves to stay and see what he can do next year.

I would look to move on from him if he doesn't at least get 4 more wins.

I'm not going to give them the injuries excuses though. It's every team's responsibility to have enough quality depth to handle injuries, as every team faces injuries every year. Some more than others.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does Taylor stack up to worst coaches in NFL history? - ochocincos - 10-13-2020, 04:04 PM