Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘We Need to Take Away Children,’ No Matter How Young
(10-13-2020, 03:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This is true. But the blame lies with their PARENTS.

I am not exonerating the parents.

(10-13-2020, 03:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, if Trump and Congress made it a felony to illegally enter this country THEN it would be okay to separate children from their parents?

No. This to me is not a legal issue, or an issue of legal definitions, it is a humanitarian issue.
Sure I also feel it should not be a felony to enter a country, but that is already beside the point.

(10-13-2020, 03:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The fact of the matter is that parents are committing crimes with their kids and while it sucks, the parents need to face justice for their crimes. And if that means separating them from their children, then so be it. But the fault still lies with the parents.

Fault is not a singular thing. Yes the parents are at fault, but that doesn't mean every measure is ok. If it were, you could justify almost everything with claiming "the parents are at fault". You could have a policy of beating up the children in front of them and claim it's the parents fault. Yeah, in a sense that would still be true, but it doesn't mean everyone but the parents is blame-free. It ain't that easy.

What to me is easy is that either way, you harm an innocent child for the faults of their parents, and it is not a truly inevitable necessity or consequence. Who is to blame won't matter much to the child or the harm it had to endure. And that these separations can come with severe psychological consequences for the innocent child is not a matter of opinion, this is well documented.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘We Need to Take Away Children,’ No Matter How Young - hollodero - 10-13-2020, 04:19 PM