Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee Higgins is Going to Be Amazing
(10-13-2020, 11:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not really a bad moment on him. He was pushed out of bounds by the defender. With the stupid NFL rule, he is now dead on the play. Only other thing he could have done other than catch the ball is just let it go to the ground or be intercepted. Better to catch it and hope the ref missed the push out.

If he was pushed out, I don't think it counts. It looked more to me like he ran out of bounds so that the guy near him would stop covering him and hopefully he could get open. This is why I think the rule may be different in college. As far as catching it vs letting it hit the ground or be intercepted, you're right. Once the ball was heading his way, catching it was the right choice. But he presented himself to Burrow as a legitimate target when he wasn't, and Burrow probably didn't realize that, as he was escaping pressure he couldn't keep track of who did and did not step out of bounds. I don't know what he could have done differently other than just not going out of bounds but it was just a bad play all around.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins is Going to Be Amazing - CJD - 10-13-2020, 05:59 PM